Thursday, November 8, 2007

Mercury Lounge show review...

From a blog called vLES:

"Being relatively new to this crazy city, I thought it would take months, maybe years to see a local, up-and-coming band tear up the stage and light it on fire.

Especially the way these guys did recently at the Mercury Lounge. For a band that has only been around less than a couple of years, they absolutely smoked it.

I had no idea who was headlining the triple bill the other night, but after getting a load of these guys and their killer tunes, infectious energy, and amazing live performance, I just assumed that these guys were it. I was all like, "I'm out. Seriously, take me to JFK, I'm flying home to Melbourne; I'm happy", before friends calmed me down, took my passport, and torched it before I could bail. That sure sucked, but for this show, it was worth it.

These guys have a kind of Bloc Party/Strokes thing going on and their new album is packed full of "life kicks ass, so let's jump around for no reason" goodness. Named after the method of creating art that relies on nonstop vigorous activity, they've got it all before them and me thinks they're even closer to hitting the big-time than Oprah is to her next breakdown. Get jumpin' for more..." --Dave Martin

Check out the site, vLES

No comments: