Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 1 of tour in DC: AWESOME!




Day 1 of the tour is already over. We drove all day yesterday from NY to DC. The band gave my shotty cause I get mad carsick.

We got to DC early (thank you traffic gods) and parked right outside of the Red & the Black club. Then we took a leisurely, google-map guided stroll to the Capitol Building. I got a looksy from a senator and I felt the power. Then we returned to the club to set up our stuff and got ready to rock the f*ck out!

The show was amazing. The attic-like room at the Red & the Black was packed and very sweaty. We were stoked since this was our first trip to DC - we will definitely be back. The sound gal had to cut us off, (we had to wait for the hockey freaks to trickle in post-game), the crowd was asking for more, and we left them with a little Cyndi Lauper action.

Day 2 of the tour has begin. We woke up at Joe's parent's house in the middle of nature in the outskirts of Baltimore. I already have a gimp arm from playing Wii tennis against Tom, who I beat like a bitch. (Ok then he beat me but I totally let him). I think we're going to do some ill stenciling to our gear - the world will know our name.

Over and out for now,
Allison (+ Action Painters)

No comments: